Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Initial Thoughts on Isis Light

Summary: 
A girl who has lived on a planet all by herself must deal with settlers suddenly arriving and changing the home she has always known. 

Positives: 
Liked it more than I thought I would. But I'd heard a girl speak about the book... so I knew the big secret twist ahead of time. I might have liked it better if I hadn't. The setting was vivid. The characters were pretty well-developed. 

Criticisms: 
Multiple times I thought the author's word choice was awkward. The relationship between Orlen and Mark wasn't developed thoroughly. The plot was predictable in parts. I didn't particularly like the ending because it wasn't hopeful or uplifting; no real resolution, just running away from the conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)