Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Initial Thoughts on Interstellar Pig

Really did not expect to like this book as much as I did!

Summary:
A cross between Jumanji and Men in Black? Sixteen year old Barney is on a boring vacation with his parents, but his trip gets more exciting when he learns of a ghost story, meets his strange visiting neighbors, and plays the board game "Interstellar Pig."

Positives:
Writing flows smoothly. Well-paced. Intriguing plot. The board game is fun and clearly described. Characters were interesting and likable. Funny.

Criticism:
Really the only thing holding me back from giving it a five is that it's not really my typical read and this book won't go down in the all-time favorites. But I really, really liked it. Just probably won't re-read it ever. Would definitely recommend it to people though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)