Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors





Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information about Top Ten Tuesday and a list of upcoming Top Ten Tuesday topics, click here.





Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors

These are in the order that they occurred to me...

J.K. Rowling
(Harry Potter series)
Does this need any explanation?

Shannon Hale
(Books of Bayern series, Princess Academy)
Every single book that I've read by Shannon Hale, I've loved. She writes beautifully, and I'm always enchanted.

Scott Westerfeld
(Leviathan series, Uglies series)
Westerfeld is a master at world-building. Period.

Lois Lowry
(The Giver, Number the Stars)
Lois Lowry is a children's lit legend. I've bought many of her books, though these two are my favorites.

Marissa Meyer
(Lunar Chronicles series)
I'm thoroughly engrossed in this series, and I love what a huge scope the story has and such a wide cast of characters. Confident I will enjoy anything Marissa writes.

Laini Taylor
(Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight)
Laini Taylor's writing is so beautiful and captivating. And her imagination is amazing.

Maggie Stiefvater
(Wolves of Mercy Falls series, Scorpio Races, Raven Boys)
I've enjoyed all of Maggie's books for their originality and gorgeous writing.

Kristin Cashore
(Graceling, Fire, Bitterblue)
Cashore writes fresh, original fantasy with strong heroines.

Cynthia Hand
(Unearthly series)
I can't wait to see what Hand does next because I loved her blend of contemporary and fantasy, as well as her emphasis on positive family relationships.

Stephanie Perkins
(Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door)
This is the first contemporary/realistic fiction author that I can honestly say I ADORE.

Who are your auto-buy authors?  Do we have any in common???

7 comments:

  1. I used to have JK Rowling on my list but after The Casual Vacancy she is off. Now I think I'll wait to buy whenever she publishes again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Maggie Stiefvater is on my list too! Oh and I'm reading Scarlet right now!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! Anna and the French Kiss is burning a hole on my ipad! Can't wait to read it! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to say...there isn't one author that I'm always going to buy everything they write, but I guess there are a few that I will probably eventually read most of what they have written...like J.K. Rowling (still need to read The Casual Vacancy, which a friend got me for Christmas YAY). I also really love Gillian Flynn. I've read her first two and have her third that I need to find time for...it's a big one, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with Shannon Hale. I have to change that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeeeeeeeep! to most of these. The rest I'll have to check out. I love Maggie S. and Stephanie P. SO FREAKING MUCH. And Marissa M. Yeah...they are all conspiring to make me poor. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)