Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Blogger Love-a-Thon Mini Challenge #4


The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is is an online event that spends one whole day celebrating book blogging, book bloggers and book blogs all over the world. This event is hosted by Alexa at Alexa Loves Books and Katelyn at Tales of Books and Bands.

Mini-Challenge #4: 
Letter to my Beginning Blogger Self

Dear Lauren,

I know you've been toying with the idea of expanding your blog.  You should totally do it.  There are so many good things that will come from book blogging:

  • You'll meet fantastic people who love to read as much as you do!
  • You'll learn about great new books that you otherwise wouldn't have picked up on your own.
  • You'll get in a habit of writing daily.
  • You'll become a stronger critical reader of books and figure out what you like and what you don't.
  • You'll improve in your technology skills and want to learn more about web design.
  • And... again... you'll meet some great people!
I know you're worried that blogging might take the place of your fiction writing. But you'll be okay. If you need to go on hiatus because you get too busy with grad school and writing, don't worry. The bloggers you make friends with will still be there when you get back. 

You'll find a balance with blogging. You don't have to post every day. You don't have to read a gazillion books a week. Just do what you can handle.

Write thoughtful and honest reviews.  Write thoughtful and honest comments on fellow blogs.  Share your love of books and have fun.

Best Wishes,
Your Future Self

5 comments:

  1. I love that I found your blog through this love-a-thon. I LOVE this letter :) It's all so so so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This letter turned out to be awesome! There were some great pieces of advice for the younger you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, so glad I found your blog. I love your letter. It is heartfelt and amazing.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great letter! And it's true--you could take a year or two off and I wouldn't take your blog off my feed reader. And I won't say that for everyone, my dear! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)