Sunday, December 16, 2012

Returning to the Blogosphere!

Back in September, I put my blog on hiatus, saying that I would be back in January.  I can't quite stay away that long... I'll be returning a week early!

Reasons for Returning:

  1. My fall graduate course is completed.  It was even more work than I expected, but I have several posts scheduled where I'll be sharing writing tips gained from this class.  (One big post on pacing and another big post on emotions as well as a few other little posts on other topics.)  
  2. One of my favorite times of year in the blogosphere is when everyone posts their favorite reads of the year.  I want to be able to participate in the discussion of the best books of 2012, as there were some GREAT ones!  And I want to make sure there weren't any excellent books that I missed!
  3. I've made some outstanding progress on my novel and have established a solid writing routine.  Without the strains of a graduate class, I'm confident I'll be able to finish a first draft before winter is over while balancing a blogging routine.
  4. Blogging helps me reflect on my reading and identify the traits I admire in other writers so that I can incorporate those traits into my own writing.  I also use my blog to reflect on my own writing process.  This thoughtful reflection is a necessary part of my writing process, and if I can't do it for a graduate class, then my blog will be my tool.
  5. I have a fun announcement... that will be its own post... coming soon...
I can't wait to return to the blogging!  Stay tuned for book reviews, writing posts, and maybe even a few memes... Can't wait to reconnect with people!  Look for me in your comments!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're back. Also... dying for your announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back, you're back!! Awesome news about the progress on your novel! And now, of course, I am incredibly curious about this announcement....

    ReplyDelete

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)