Reasons for Returning:
- My fall graduate course is completed. It was even more work than I expected, but I have several posts scheduled where I'll be sharing writing tips gained from this class. (One big post on pacing and another big post on emotions as well as a few other little posts on other topics.)
- One of my favorite times of year in the blogosphere is when everyone posts their favorite reads of the year. I want to be able to participate in the discussion of the best books of 2012, as there were some GREAT ones! And I want to make sure there weren't any excellent books that I missed!
- I've made some outstanding progress on my novel and have established a solid writing routine. Without the strains of a graduate class, I'm confident I'll be able to finish a first draft before winter is over while balancing a blogging routine.
- Blogging helps me reflect on my reading and identify the traits I admire in other writers so that I can incorporate those traits into my own writing. I also use my blog to reflect on my own writing process. This thoughtful reflection is a necessary part of my writing process, and if I can't do it for a graduate class, then my blog will be my tool.
- I have a fun announcement... that will be its own post... coming soon...
I can't wait to return to the blogging! Stay tuned for book reviews, writing posts, and maybe even a few memes... Can't wait to reconnect with people! Look for me in your comments!