Monday, July 19, 2010

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry



Summary

Anastasia writes all her secrets in a green notebook, from the important things that happen to her, to things she hates, to things she loves. In this first book in the series, we see Anastasia go through lessons about poetry, the death of her grandmother, and the birth of her baby brother.

Review

Anastasia is a charming, silly, and original character that I fell in love with. How did I not read this series by Lois Lowry until now! It just made me love Lowry more. I laughed and smiled to myself several times. I would recommend this to an elementary aged girl in a heartbeat, but also want my mom to read it as well. :)

One discouraging thing is this series is hard to find in Barnes and Noble. I ordered it on my kindle after I couldn't find it. But I would definitely recommend ordering the whole series off Amazon if you have a 3rd grade girl that loves to read! Definitely a higher quality series for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)