Monday, July 19, 2010

7 more classes...!

I will be done with classes next Thursday, and I have a lot to do before then. A 2500 word term paper that will involve lots of researching and analysis and a Masterpiece/Book Jacket to create. I really, really, really miss home. And I really, really want to go to the beach because it just doesn't feel like summer until I've been to the beach. I normally head to Bethany the week after school lets out in June, and not getting there until August has left me craving sand and sunscreen. Maybe we won't get so much snow next year and I can squeeze in a weekend before I leave for Roanoke next summer. We'll see.

I've e-mailed my professor for his opinion on my term paper, but I think I'm going to do a feminist analysis of The Country Bunny with the Little Gold Shoes and look at how that picture book portrayed women. I'm sick of Marxism, and I want to stay away from that approach...

The Masterpiece is essentially to polish up the sci-fi dystopian project I've been working on. Then I need to create a book jacket which includes the cover art and jacket summary, etc. That should be fun. It just might be tricky to polish this thing up because there are still some things about the future setting that I'm not sure about and still working out.

I did a presentation today on Children's book series, which I had a lot of fun preparing for. It was only supposed to be a 20 minute presentation, I went over by 10 minutes, and I rushed and left out a TON of stuff I could have and wanted to say. I could easily have spoken for an hour. It was a little disheartening that I didn't get to everything. Oh well. My teacher liked it. She said when I was done, "I'm not even going to ask you how long that presentation took to make."

This time has definitely gone by fast. I will most of all miss the Library and my Craft of Writing class (mostly the teacher). But boy! I can't wait to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)