Monday, June 28, 2010

Why hadn't I heard of this guy???

Taken from book flap:

Described by the Washington Post as "America's best living author for young adults," Richard Peck is the first children's writer ever to have been awarded a National Humanities Medal. His extensive list of honors includes the Newbery Medal, a Newbery Honor, the Margaret A. Edwards award, the Scott O'Dell Award, and the Christopher Medal. He has twice been a finalist for the National Book Award.


I just finished the book A Season of Gifts which I'll be discussing in class tomorrow. (Full post after discussion) Loved the book and I have no idea how this guy has avoided my Kid Lit radar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)