Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


The sequel to this book is coming out in about a month, and I'm hoping I can get it on my Kindle like I did the first one.

The book is a cool twist on werewolves. When you're bit, you have a certain number of years that you'll be able to change back to human. Transformations are caused by cold temperatures, so you are human in the summer and change back to wolf when it gets cold again. It was a fantastic way to create tension because you wanted Sam to stay human and the author constantly put him in situations that threatened him with cold.

Cute love story. Wanted to recommend it to my middle school kids who love Twilight, but then there was sex and I couldn't justify recommending a book to a class of 12 year olds with teen sex. Oh well.

Maggie Stiefvater is a new fav and I'll be looking for the sequel Linger next. Her blog is super cute and I read it often. Check it out here: http://m-stiefvater.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)